Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Appointment

I am 33 w 4 d pregnant today. Dave and the boys came with me to my appointment. It was quite hectic. First we had group so there was Gage and Jack plus 2 other young kids. And a new mom in the group with her husband and another girl brought her husband as well so it was pretty crowded and a lot going on. We talked about the different things that could go wrong in a birth and reasons they would transfer you to a hospital. We had to sign some consent forms and whatnot. We were supposed to talk about sibling issues and things but we ran out of time I think.
Baby is measuring at 34 weeks which is great, her heart rate is about 140. Becky is pretty sure she is still head down she said it is hard to tell when she was feeling around because she has a hard bum. (she must be a boney butt) but when she listened to the heart rate it was down low which usually means the baby is head down. I thought my blood pressure was high but the machine must have measured it wrong cause Becky did it by hand and it was fine, still a little higher then normal but nothing to worry about I guess. I had a trace of protein in my urine which is normal for me. I am sure it's because I don't drink enough water. Although I have been getting up in the middle of the night just for a drink and to go potty the past couple nights and I normally don't. I have had a hard time sleeping lately I am getting pretty uncomfortable. It's hard to sit up straight I feel like I have to recline back all the time, and forget eating off a plate on my lap and not getting anything on me that is near impossible. At my next appointment I will have a test done to check for strep. Hopefully we are good there. And I believe that is the last test we have to do before she gets here. I found out my glucose level was 74 which is good. Only 3 w 3 d till I am considered full term. Then the waiting game begins.
We finally got Jacks bed up and the boys room mostly put together so we are able to get the babies room started whenever we can go get a piece of the bedding so we can match the paint to it. I am excited to get everything done and be able to just relax I feel so overwhelmed right now with everything. I am excited for her to get here but I am not feeling very anxious about it yet. Let’s just say, I can wait. I worry about the challenges a new baby will bring. But we are prepared for it. Bring it on! :0)

No comments: