Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dream

Have you ever had a dream that you were dreaming? That's what I just had, a dream in a dream. I was pregnant hanging out with friends when I started complaining about the pain I had been feeling and how I didn't feel well. (I couldn't tell you what it felt like, at this point in my dream I was looking down on myself I wasn't actually inside my body.) Next thing I remember is we are trying to find a place for me to deliver the baby. We ended up in my mom's bathroom. It was just Dave and I with the midwife who just kinda stood off to the side. I was not in the tub but somehow I was still in the water. Dave was sitting on the toilet. I was in the squatting position and I could see everything that was going on, (I don't think I was outside myself anymore but my mom has a big mirror in her bathroom and I think that is what I was looking at but it had to of been bigger.) I didn't feel any pain at all just pressure and she came all the way out in a single contraction (even though I wasn't feeling them) Her head came out then I set back for the rest of her body so I could use my hands to grab her. For some reason I remember a bucket being there at that point like someone was holding it for her to drop into. weird. so I pulled her up and out of the water. When the midwife moved I told Dave to come over beside me he didn't budge from the toilet the whole time. We were examining our GORGEOUS baby! (I dreamt her up so beautiful!) I asked if we could drain some of the water out because she kept getting water in her mouth because it was so high. (I guess I didn't realize I worry about that for real) Then she gave us the BIGGEST smile. I told Dave to hurry and get the camera. It was kind of a creepy smile like the joker. Our reaction to it was like OMG! then right before my eyes my little baby grew to be a toddler standing there smiling at us. Then I looked down and I was still holding a baby. I then came to the realization that I had 2 boys and 2 girls (which I am starting to think is the way I want it, don't tell Dave lol) Then I woke up from that dream but I was still in my other dream. And Dave knew what just happened so we started talking about what we wanted to be different when she really does get here. Like I wanted him to be closer to me when I was delivering her and that he needed to make sure he was taking pictures sooner. Then I really woke up.

So this is the first dream I have had about my baby girl. I have had other dreams where I was pregnant but nothing happened directly related to her. I am so excited to feel that happiness I felt in my dream when she was born. It was amazing then and I know it is going to be so much more intense when she really gets here. :0) As far as me having more babies after this I am going to save that conversation for later, we will see how I feel in a couple years. It may take some convincing to get Dave to go for it.
MaryJane has the hiccups right now... :0)

1 comment:

Mike and Jaime Jeppson said...

Wow...that is quite the dream! I will have to tell you about the dream I had when I was prego with Remy...crazy! I can't wait for your shower!!!!